Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 5 - Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X


Legs & back was a good workout as well.  My legs burned during the wall exercises which is good. Something that came out during the video and something I can relate to is that Tony shattered his left knee when he was a kid so he has to be careful during leg exercises. Just like him, I injured my knee when I was in college while playing cricket so I can't get too crazy with leg exercises. It was good to know that cuz I was thinking about modifying some of the leg exercises. Now I don't have to anymore.

Something I should probably mention here is the fact that I do use a chair for pull ups [as shown in the video]. I use the back of the chair with the middle of my feet slightly resting against it. I use my arms to pull up the rest of the body and sometimes I do raise the other leg into the air just so I can make it harder for myself [also shown in video]. But I do PULL the entire body. You will know you're not abusing the use of the chair when your arms burn especially your biceps & triceps. I use a home-use pull-up bar that you can just lock on to your door. Its easily available at any good sports store like Sports Authority or Academy Sports. For my peeps in The Good Land of Complete Peace & Prosperity, I'm sure you'll be able to find one of these  pull-up bars at the sports stores. If you don't, you might have to pay an iron-smith to build you one and install it in your balcony. I think the balcony is a great place to install one.

I also use padded workout gloves to reduce the amount of blisters on my palms. I think you should too. Also, if dumbbells are hard to find, you can do the same and pay an iron-smith to build you one. But I hung out at some of the popular sports stores in Dhaka last summer and they seemed to be very well-equipped! So I'm sure you'll find everything you need there but it will be expensive. Be warned! But if you are investing in your body, its probably the best investment you will ever make so its totally worth it.

The Ab Ripper X workout seemed more doable today. It still killed my stomach but it was a good burn & I felt it!

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR by the way!

Here are my stats for the Legs & Back session for Day 5 (the LAST DAY of the year) - Dec 31, 2010:

R = Reps . W = Weight

01. Balance Lunges - R 16 ea . W 0
02. Calf Raise Squats - R 20 . W 15
03. Reverse Grip Chin-Up [Mod] - R 15
04. Super Skater - R 22 ea
05. Wall Squat
06. Wide Front Pull-Up [Mod] - R 15
07. Step Back Lunge - R 15 . W 15
08. Alternating Side Lunge - R 15 . W 0
09. Closed Grip Overhead Pull-Up - R 10
10. Single Leg Wall Squat - 4 @ 10 sec
11  Dead Lift Squat - 15 ea
12  Switch Grip Pull-Ups [Mod] - R 16 | R 16 
13. Three-Way Lunges - R 15
14  Sneaky Lunges - R 15
15  Reverse Grip Chin-Ups [Mod] - R 15
16. Toe-Roll Iso Lunge - R 11 . W 0
17. Wide Front Pull-Ups [Mod] - R 10
18. Groucho Walk - 
19. Calf Raises R 40 . W 15
20. 80-20 Siebers Speed Squats - R 10



No comments:

Post a Comment