Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 4 - Yoga X

Okay if some of you have always believed that Yoga's for sissies - you are DEAD wrong. It aint Yoga when Tony Horton does it. Its Yoga X! And believe you me Yoga X is tough!

I thought today would be a walk in the park since it was yoga day. Boy was I wrong! The other blogger was right about Tony, he's not human - and I agree.  Tony Horton is an evil cyborg from HELL who knows his yoga! If he can make yoga seem so damn difficult... he can't be human! By the way the 'Plough to Shoulder Stand' position is for folks who wish to break their necks! And don't be so naive as to follow whatever Tony says because he aint human!

Jokes apart some of the major pluses of Yoga X was that it made me sweat profusely which I hadn't considered. Some of the easier positions targeted the abs area which were great cuz I felt a strong burn in my abs which I would not normally feel even after 40 sit-ups! So I have to admit I like Yoga X. On the negative side I felt that Tony moved way too fast for a beginner like me. I know that you got the remote and you can hit pause whenever you feel like it. But its not the same when you have half your body facing away from the rest of your body and a leg above your head with both of your hands clasping your groin from OPPOSITE sides and you realize that Tony ran off on different moves which would mean for you to break away from your current position, hit the pause button, rewind and play from the point where he just described how to grab you groin from opposite sides. He doesn't move as fast in the other videos!

I got me a pair of 15 lb dumbbells and a resistance band today (for exercises that require me to put up a dumbbell over my head). So I'm really excited. I tried doing some of Tony's dumbbell exercises at Sports Authority today with 20 lb weights and I seemed not to be able to complete the desired reps. So I got me 15 lb instead cuz they seemed challenging enough for me AND I could complete the reps with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment