Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 1 - Chest, Back & Ab Ripper x

Its one of those things that just hit you square in the head one fine morning. I woke up as a normal person would on the morning of 27th December 2010 and purely out of the blue decided that I'd follow the P90X Classic schedule for a strict body building regiment. It was a Monday and so I began with the Chest, Back & Abs routine as was mentioned on the sheet of paper.


Now don't get me wrong the P90X 90 Day Challenge didn't just happen out of thin air. The motivation, decision to persevere & follow a strict regiment happened on the 27th December 2010. Most people make New Year's Resolutions that begin on the 1st of January of every year which die out on the 13th of January each year. Some people quit smoking or others quit being an absolute a-hole. I had a Year END Resolution which began on the 27th of December 2010.


The person who'd switched me on to P90X was my brother in law (an IronMan challenger himself), Dr. Niaz. He gave me access to his collection of the P90X video series way back in April 2010. And ofcourse not to mention THE REASON why I'd ever tried any of those videos was my wife Dr. Shirin's constant motivation. I was still recuperating from my brain hemorrhage at the time & was not myself completely. I never followed any routine even though he had given me the P90x Classic, Double & Lean schedules. I didn't even know what to do with them for I personally lacked the motivation and the conviction necessary for a strict workout regiment. I picked workouts at random but liked P90X! I'd gotten excessively FAT lying on a hospital bed for a month and then doing nothing thereafter for the next 6 months! I think I picked out P90X workout videos at random over a period of 3 weeks. And I might have done it for only 10-12 days in total within that time-frame but the results were amazing! In ONLY 10-12 days too! My triceps were beginning to take shape. I seemed to have formed a new muscle group that I never knew existed at the top of my chest directly beneath my collar bones. This was great because I always wanted a flat chest and I think it was finally beginning to take shape!


Now I want to be completely honest with you folks. My brother in law was training at the time for the IronMan 70.3 New Orleans triathlon (which he did take part in and received a medal for it). And he used to take me swimming & biking with him. I wasn't much of a swimmer but I did bike for almost 20 miles (32.19 KM) one day. I also ran for a half mile and went to the gym everyday. Okay I know that this information really threw you guys off but I'm telling you that NONE of this got me results AS FAST as P90X did! They HELPED ofcourse, can't deny it! But they didn't revolutionize anything. I'm not going to say "DON'T DO" any running, biking or swimming because biking is really fun and swimming/running works countless muscle groups all at the same time! But I will say this - if DEFINITION is what you want on your body then P90X is the way to go along with everything else! If you want more details on the IronMan 70.3 then go to Wikipedia or otherwise read the excerpt from there below:


"An Ironman 70.3, also known as a Half Ironman, is one of a series of middle-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). The "70.3" refers to the total distance in miles (113.0 km) covered in the race, consisting of a 1.2-mile (1.9 km) swim, a 56-mile (90 km) bike ride, and a 13.1-mile (21.1 km) run. Each distance of the swim, bike, and run segments are half the distances of those segments found in an Ironman triathlon. The Ironman 70.3 series culminates each year with a World Championship competition, of which competitors qualify for during the 70.3 series in the 12 months prior to the championship race. In addition to the World Championship race, Ironman 70.3 championship competitions are also held for the European and the Asia-Pacific regions." - Wikipedia




P90X Classic

Day 1 - Monday, Dec 27, 2010




Chest & Back:

01. SPU - Standard Push-Ups -  15 | 10 
02. WFrPU - Wide Front Pull-Ups - 15 | 10 
03. MPU - Military Push-Ups - 15 | 10
04. RGCU - Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 15 | 10 
05. WFPU - Wide Fly Push-Ups - 15 | 10
06. CGOHPU - Closed Grip Overhand Pull-Ups - 10 | 10
07. DPU -  Decline Push-Ups - 10 | 10
08. HP - Heavy Pants - 15 | 10 
09. DiPU - Diamond Push-Ups - 10 | 10
10. LM - Lawnmowers - 15 ea | 15 ea
11. DBPU - Dive-Bomber Push-Ups - 15 | 10

12. BF - Back Flys - 5 | 5


Ab Ripper X

01. In and Outs - 15

02. Bicycles - 20 Front | 5 Back
03. Crunchy Frog - 6
04. Cross Leg/ Wide Leg Sit-Ups - 10 
05. Fifer Scissors - 10
06. Hip Rock And Raise - 15 
07. Pulse Ups (Heels to the Heavens) - 11
08. V-Up/Roll Up - 6
09. Oblique V-Ups - 10 ea side | 10 ea side 
10. Leg Climbs - 5 ea leg | 5 ea leg
11. Mason Twist (with legs flat on ground) - 30 

No comments:

Post a Comment